Online data portal
Making and managing
Organising and managing data on traffic orders, signs, parking and more
(TROs & TMOs)Road collision
Traffic sign and road marking design and recordingRouting, street inventory mapping
Map-based road casualty recording and analysis
- trainingTraining on Buchanan Computing software
- User login
The UK’s leading traffic sign design software comes with built-in state-of-the-art structural design and doesn’t need an expensive CAD system.
SignPlot is the only system to fully automate the layout and spacing rules of the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manual. It covers all the signs introduced in the 2016 TSRGD, such as those for temporary lane closures, ‘tiger tails’ and lane bifurcations, and the new options for parking plates.
SignPlot has an amazing tool that automates pretty well everything about direction signs: destinations, mileages, panels, patches, symbols, arrows, route numbers and any regulatory or warning signs shown on them.
SignPlot makes sign design quick, accurate, colourful and economical for both new and experienced designers.
SAVING COST AND TIME
- Quick and easy design of UK traffic signs, supports and foundations
- All relevant DfT spacing and layout rules are applied automatically when required
- The sign area is minimised, saving costs and clutter
- Runs directly under any version of Windows, freeing up your CAD licences for other tasks
- Minimal training needed, with hints and tips to guide new users and avoid mistakes
- The compact sign drawing files are easy to store and email
- Easy to make changes using the original data entry forms or ‘drag-and-drop’, and automatic rebuild of affected signs
DESIGN MADE EASYChanges are reflected immediately
- Produces correct and accurate output first time
- Regulatory sign generator for 70 prescribed and authorised signs, plus their permitted variants, or use a flexible TSRGD Schedule 4 procedure
- Translates into Welsh for bilingual plates
- Automatic sizing and positioning of text and symbols
- Automatic selection of correct alphabet, panels, patches, symbols, etc.
- Built in x-height calculator using DfT formula
- Spelling is checked using the Microsoft Word dictionary
- Displays, prints and copies to other programs razor-sharp colour sign images
- Drag and drop editing and close integration with Windows
- SignLoad Professional, the UK’s most widely used and most economical post and foundation design, is built in at no extra cost
MEETING THE REGULATIONS
DfT design standards have brought consistency to the presentation of information on road signs, but have also made the design task challenging for anyone unfamiliar with the complex layout and spacing rules.
The automation that SignPlot provides enables easy construction of everything from the simplest flag-type, to the most complex gantry-mounted lane indication sign. It helps avoid sign layout errors, whilst minimising design time. Software training costs are reduced and productivity is improved. SignPlot displays a message if it spots a potential mistake and offers to correct the problem.
OVER 750 STANDARD SYMBOLS
SignPlot is supplied with library files containing accurate symbols and signs that scale automatically to the correct size for use on direction signs and parking plates. These are updated regularly generally in advance of new symbols being published by the DfT, as SignPlot is used by them to produce official documents.
SignPlot can be supplied with your logo and any tourist, public transport or other symbols specific to your area, or you can import your own bitmap images for use on signs.
NEW IN VERSION 3.4
- Built-in sign illumination tool
- All prescribed bus lane signs made by ticking boxes
- Tool to add or edit a junction name or header panel
- Add a description to any block
- Check for updates online
- More support for Scottish Gaelic bilingual signs
- Lots of other minor improvements and new symbols
Let us know how we can help you. Just fill in the details below.*
Subscribe me to newsletter
Please type these digits in reverse order: 43217
Simply provide the details below and we'll add you to our list.*
Please type these digits in reverse order: 12192
Ask for a callback!
Would you like us to phone or email you? Just click the link below and enter your details.
SignPlot 3 runs on any Windows PC (new or old) and does not need CAD or any other software. It will drive Windows printers and plotters, and other devices, allowing computer-aided manufacture of full-sized traffic signs from the accurate SignPlot graphics. It can be installed on individual computers, on a network for many people to share, or it can be hosted on our servers for you to access over the Internet.