Online data portal
Making and managing
Organising and managing data on traffic orders, signs, parking and more
(TROs & TMOs)Road collision
Traffic sign and road marking design and recordingRouting, street inventory mapping
Map-based road casualty recording and analysis
- trainingTraining on Buchanan Computing software
- User login
SignPlot 3 for bilingual signing in WalesText translated and sized for you
The UK’s leading traffic sign design software contains unparalleled support for the Welsh language.
SignPlot’s unique features include translating English text into Welsh on all types of regulatory and warning sign and handling automatically the ‘bilingual pairs’ used on direction signs in Wales. It complies with both the DfT Chapter 7 spacing rules and those issued by Welsh Government. SignPlot is the only sensible choice for those designing traffic signs for Wales.
SAVING COST AND TIME
- Quick and easy design of bilingual traffic signs, their supports and foundations
- All relevant DfT and Welsh Government (WG) spacing and layout rules are applied automatically when required
- It contains the approved Welsh language text needed for all sign plates and worded regulatory signs, ensuring that the Welsh and English languages are used consistently and correctly
- The WG drawings do not need to be constantly referred to
- Signs are always correctly spaced and laid out
- Bilingual signs can be designed by non Welsh speakers
- Welsh speakers achieve consistency by avoiding locally made translations
- SignPlot handles the two languages intelligently and translates automatically when required
DESIGN MADE EASY
- Produces correct and accurate output first time
- Regulatory sign generator makes bilingual versions of 80 different TSRGD diagrams and other signs from the abbreviated English text you enter
- Approved Welsh text for all warning and regulatory sign plates matched with the equivalent English
- Automatic sizing and positioning of text and symbols
- Automatic selection of correct alphabet, panels, patches, symbols, etc.
- Built in x-height calculator using DfT formula
- Spelling is checked using the Microsoft Word dictionary (inlcluding Welsh text)
- Displays, prints and copies to other programs razor-sharp colour sign images
- Drag and drop editing and close integration with Windows
- SignLoad Professional, the UK’s most widely used and most economical post and foundation software.
WELSH SIGNS MADE EASY
SignPlot can design bilingual traffic signs as simply as English ones. This feature makes life easier for non-Welsh speakers as well as saving time and ensuring consistency for those who do know the language.
The Welsh Government publishes its own set of working drawings, available from this page. These are substantially different from the equivalent DfT drawings. In addition to making the signs bilingual, the spacing between blocks and symbols is changed and in some cases the sign layout is totally rearranged.
SYMBOLS FOR WALES
One of SignPlot’s library files contains all the symbols used only on signs in Wales. These supplement the 750 graphics in the remaining files that apply to the whole United Kingdom.
The libraries are updated regularly, generally in advance of new symbols being published by the DfT or WG, and those with support contracts can download the new graphics immediately from the user area of our website.
SignPlot can be supplied with your logo and any tourist, public transport or other symbols specific to your area, or you can import your own bitmap images for use on signs.
Let us know how we can help you. Just fill in the details below.*
Subscribe me to newsletter
Please type these digits in reverse order: 43217
Simply provide the details below and we'll add you to our list.*
Please type these digits in reverse order: 12192
Ask for a callback!
Would you like us to phone or email you? Just click the link below and enter your details.
SignPlot 3 runs on any Windows PC (new or old) and does not need CAD or any other software. It will drive Windows printers and plotters, and other devices, allowing computer-aided manufacture of full-sized traffic signs from the accurate SignPlot graphics. It can be installed on individual computers, on a network for many people to share, or it can be hosted on our servers for you to access over the Internet.